The Vancouver authorities “fast tracked” the investigation into the death of ‘Glee‘ star Cory Monteith, so they received the toxicology tests results yesterday. Authorities announced that Cory died from a ”mixed drug toxicity” of heroin and alcohol. The BC Coroners Service said in a statement:
“At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
A spokeswoman for the police told the press:
“There was evidence in the room that was consistent with a drug overdose.”
It is believed that Cory was alone at the time of his death. This is just tragic. Maybe this news at least provides some sense of closure, rather than the weeks of speculation that often occurs as everyone waits for the results of toxicology tests to come back. Our thoughts are with Cory’s family and friends.
Photos by WENN