Get The Fab Obsessed Beauty Buzz:
People noticed Elizabeth Banks at the New York premiere of Hunger Games: Catching Fire last month. In addition to looking svelte in a pantsuit by Jenny Packham, one of Kate Middleton‘s favorite designers, Banks had an eye-catching up-do. INO caught up with celebrity stylist Matthew Monzon to find out what his inspiration was for the look and how we can re-create it at home.
Monzon said, “We chose to pull all the hair back and get it up and out of the way and to bring more attention to the strong lip color (Dior Rouge Dior Couture Colour Voluptuous Care Lipstick in Rendez-Vous) and to try to not take away from the killer Jenny Packham pantsuit.” To recreate the steps, Davines, a celebrity favorite, and a few simples steps.
- Starting with damp hair I sprayed Davines More Inside This is a Sea Salt Spray ($27; davines.com) throughout the hair.
- Then while blowdrying the hair, I took 1 inch sections and twisted the hair with my fingers as I dried it to give it a textured feeling.
- Once dry, I took a 1/2 inch iron and randomly wrapped sections around, alternating the direction. This should be done using random sections, in order for the look to be a bit more undone.
- I than pulled the sides of the hair back and secured with bobby pins. I took the top section of the hair and pulled it back and secured with pins.
- I finished the look by spraying all over with Davines More Inside This is An Invisible No Gas Spray ($28.00;davines.com) to hold the hair into place.
- Lastly, I chose random bits, twisting and pulling the hair out loosely to create a more undone texture.
PHOTO BY WENN