Can you BELIEVE ‘How I Met Your Mother‘ is ending tonight? I’ve already got my tissues handy for tonight’s series finale. No matter how it ends, I know I’ll feel at least a little bit sad. Well, do you remember the ditzy but lovable Wendy the Waitress? She may not have ended up being the mother, but it’s not the last we’ll see of Wendy’s alter ego, actress Charlene Amoia.
Charlene is moving on to the big screen in a variety of roles. In 2014 alone, she’ll headline a ‘Saw’-like horror movie, an award-worthy drama about a semi-paraplegic drag racer, and a supernatural chiller with ‘Candyman’s’ Tony Todd.
- Amoia is the female lead role in the buzzed-about horror project ‘Vitals.’ It’s said to be of the same ilk as the now-classic ‘Saw,’ it tells of a man who wakes up in a bathtub without some vital organs (OUCH). Amoia plays Dr. Jane Carson, whose husband is the one with the kidnapped kidney.
- Amoia has also filmed a role in rom-com ‘Author’s Anonymous,’ opposite fellow TV funnylady Kaley Cuoco (‘The Big Bang Theory’), and the thriller ‘Pure Love,’ about a woman who convinces her fiancée to prove his love by knocking off two ex-lovers.
- As if that weren’t enough, Amoia will be seen in ‘Adrenaline,’ a powerful drama about a drag racer’s life that is turned upside down after a near fatal car crash, leaving him semi paraplegic.
- The actress is ALSO has a role in ‘Live-Evil,’ a new supernatural film starring Tony Todd, and ‘Fat,’ a festival-favorite about a man’s battle with obesity.
- On top of that, Amoia is rumored to have landed on the comic book movie radar, with producers said to be keen on her for an unspecific superhero role in the future.
Goodness! When does this woman sleep? Well, with all of these different roles, I can’t WAIT to which role lands Amoia on Hollywood’s A-list! Meanwhile, I will quietly mourn the ending of her show ‘How I Met Your Mother.’