The Fulton County prosecutor has already announced that the office is investigating Bobbi Kristina Brown’s death as a murder with her boyfriend, Nick Gordon, as the person of interest. Now Alex Reid, who said she was a close friend of Bobbi Kristina, is speaking out about Bobbi’s situation before her bathtub drowning.
Alex said that just weeks before the bathtub incident, Bobbi called her distraught, hiding in her late mother’s closet.
She was sobbing. Nick had hit her and she was scared. She was very upset. She didn’t know what to do. It was as if, she didn’t have anyone else to turn to. It was heartbreaking.”
Alex, who lives in California, said she and Bobbi would speak daily. She spoke out while Bobbi was in hospice.
I love her. I would never have betrayed her and spoken out before now. But as she lies there, I feel there is no one else to speak on her behalf. I feel like I have to be a voice for her now.
“Krissi was physically abused by Nick on a number of occasions and she told me about some of them. I never witnessed anything…she would FaceTime me every time she was distraught, when something has just happened or show me a bruise.”
The criminal investigation was launched in January after Bobbi Kristina was hospitalized due to “unexplained bruises.” However, I wonder about the fact that they never actually arrested Nick. Did police lack the evidence to formally charge him?
Alex said she wants to know what happened and how Bobbi Kristina ended up facedown in a bathtub.
There are things that I know that no one else does. And I hope that by speaking out I can help the investigation in some way.”
This is so tragic. E! News has uncovered five things that seem to be the case about Bobbi Kristina’s life after her mother died.
- Bobbi Kristina wast not close to the rest of her family. The issue, apparently, was about money. Whitney reportedly gave a lot of family and friends money, and after she died, a lot of that changed, with Nick’s encouragement. He wanted her to protect her fortune. That was why they claimed they were married: they wanted to put up a “united front.”
- Bobbi Kristina became isolated. Relations between Nick and the Houston family became so strained that Pat Houston took out a restraining order against him. Bobbi Kristina didn’t want to turn against Nick, so she ended up isolated from her family and felt she only had Nick. He reportedly had access to all of the credit cards and, according to Alex, Bobbi didn’t even feel like she could buy something without Nick’s permission.
- Nick started physically abusing Bobbi Kristina, according to Alex, who said:
I don’t know when he started hitting her. But I know of at least four occasions when he struck her. She also told me about how he had tried to choke her once. She was definitely scared. She had some friends, but not many.One time I remember she called me for three hours. She was hyperventilating. I could barely understand what she was saying because she was so distraught. When she could finally get the words out she told me he had been physically abusive. He had hit her in the face and thrown her against a wall. There were things I knew that she couldn’t tell anyone else. She didn’t feel comfortable confiding in her family because she loved him and she didn’t want them turning against him, more than they already had. She loved him and was loyal to him despite the abuse. It was a desperate love. She felt like she couldn’t do anything without him.”She said she didn’t blame Nick. She blamed his temper. It was just that he couldn’t control it. She didn’t think it was his fault.”
- Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown’s relationship was strained. Apparently the two didn’t talk often: she felt he was too busy. This gave Nick even more control.
- There were times when she wanted to leave Nick.
- Bobbi Kristina was still haunted by her mother’s death.
This whole thing is just so sad. Whitney’s death was so sudden and unexpected: at only 19, it sounds like Bobbi Kristina was in no way equipped for the loss and the fortune that she inherited. It’s all just tragic.
Photos by FAMEFLYNET