Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has had quite an adventure since getting two pups. Unfortunately, he had to say good-bye to one puppy, Brutus, after the dog ate a poisonous mushroom that was growing out in the yard.
Dwayne shared the sad news on Instagram.
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We’ll always love you Brutus.. and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime
Everyone who’s had a dog knows how painful it is when you have to say good-bye to your four-legged little one. I’m glad Dwayne stayed with him until the very end.
Dwayne still has Hobbs, who’s surely missing his brother today. It is a reminder about how things that can look completely innocent are actually deadly. You have to watch carefully for what pets will eat, especially curious little pups. RIP, Brutus.
Photo Courtesy of Instagram