We’ve all heard of “regifting”: taking a gift you received, that you didn’t particularly care for, and giving it to someone else as a gift. John Oliver of ‘The Last Week Tonight’ show is off until February, but he made a video that discussed how to properly “regift.”
John made some important points:
- Never regift to anyone who knows about the original gift.
- Personalize the gift that you are regifting.
- Disguise the gift to maximize your plausible deniability.
- Make sure you re-wrap the gift or at least use a gift bag.
- Keep yourself to a single regift per person.
He makes some good points!
‘Fess up: do you regift? I think virtually everyone does, but whether or not they admit it is another story ;). It’s just… why let a gift that you don’t like just go to waste, right? I think this is especially true if you think someone else may actually like the gift.