Although Kim Kardashian hit a milestone on Instagram with 16 million followers this past week, that’s not enough for Shakira to even bat an eyelash. Shakira became the most popular person on Facebook with 100 million likes. That’s not 1 million; it’s 100 million. OMG. RELATED: Shakira and Usher are a playful pair on the red carpet.
Search Results for: shakira
If you’ve ever wondered what Shakira’s hidden talent is (as if being an amazing singer wasn’t enough!), or which of the Seven Deadly Sins she’s most guilty of, read on! [Read more...]
Check out what’s happening around the web!
- Sean Penn wants to move in with Charlize Theron and adopt her son: things are getting serious! (D Listed)
- Candice Swanepoel and Karlie Kloss spice up Victoria Secret’s Herald Square store. (Moe Jackson)
- There is NOTHING wrong with Izabel Goulart’s face. (DS, Site NSFW)
- Victoria Beckham steps out with Harper. (Lainey Gossip)
- Oh no! Kylie Jenner had to be rushed to the hospital. (HuffPost Celebrity)
- Arrests have been made of people alleged to be involved in Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death. (PopSugar)
- I’m sure Mark Wahlberg scored some serious “cool dad” points when he took his kids to the ‘Legoland’ premiere! (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Oh boy. George Zimmerman and rapper DMX are set to square off in the ring. (TMZ)
- Abigail Clancey loves her mum. (Hollywood Tuna)
- OMG. Police found 72 bags of heroin in Philip Seymour Hoffman’s apartment. (IDLYITW)
- Taylor Swift says it’s “easy” for her to stay fully clothed. (Evil Beet Gossip)
- Is Paul Walker’s girlfriend upset his entire estate was left to his daughter? (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Just how closely does Kris Jenner work with tabloids? (Amy Grindhouse)
- How did Gwen Stefani’s tweet cause a twitter backlash? (PopCrush)
- Great news: ‘The Little Couple’ star Jen Arnold’s cancer is in remission! (Reality Tea)
Photos by FAMEFLYNET
Are you excited to see Shakira return to ‘The Voice‘ for the winter 2014 season? She had some great advice for her mentees last year, I thought. Shakira is also the perfect choice for Glamour’s February issue, because it’s the “hair flip” issue. This means Shakira’s on both the front and back covers. When you “flip” the issue over, you get a mini-magazine packed with hair tips. Shakira also sat down to chat with Glamour.
Shakira on her duet with Rihanna…“[W]orking with her was utopia. She’s the sexiest woman on the planet. And at the end of the day, we’re both just basically Caribbean girls. The chemistry was so good and so real. She taught me dance moves. She was a sweet teacher.”
Shakira on working with fellow The Voice judge Adam Levine and other men in the industry…“Dealing with boys at work and being the only girl can be challenging. I have my insecurities, but I’ve learned I have to be a good sport. I have to be able to take certain jokes and not take them personally. There are jokes made almost every second of the day. I had to develop a tough hide. You know, the music industry is dominated by guys. I work with men 98 percent of the time—producers, arrangers, musicians, engineers.”
Shakira on her success…“Success happened little by little for me. I tasted the flavor of fame in small doses: I started at 10 years old when I won a music contest; I was performing at birthday parties, company meetings. I met with a record executive when I was 13 and sang ‘Material Girl’ to a cassette-tape boom box. I’ve shaken hands at every radio station, from Honduras to Ryan Seacrest’s. One day [I realized I was famous] enough. But here’s the thing: I’m still hungry. But I’m not hungry for fame—just the need to prove to myself that I can still do this.”
Shakira on her vision for her life…“I feel like I’m not on earth just to shake it and shake it endlessly, you know?”
Shakira on whether she has gotten any grief from Latin fans about her blond hair or being too thin…“At the beginning. But my man, Gerard, prefers meat over bone. He doesn’t like too skinny. [Laughs.] That takes pressure off. I already have a lot to worry about. This month I’m not exercising because I have an album to finish and I have a baby. And I like these pastries in front of me.”
Shakira on whether the injustice she saw growing up planted the seed for her education charity…“Being raised in a developing country opened my eyes to so much I cannot tolerate. In Colombia, education is sometimes considered a luxury, not a human right. And it’s not a priority in the agendas of many leaders. I feel a real sense of duty to use the voice and the platform I’ve been afforded by my fame to speak out for those whose voices don’t get a chance to be heard. [The Barefoot Foundation] provides education to vulnerable kids who live in extreme poverty. We’ve built six schools in Colombia and do work in South Africa and Haiti. We teach 5,000 students.”
You can read Shakira’s entire interview, and check out the hair tips, in the February issue of Glamour. It hits newsstands on January 14 and is available digitally now.
- Cover: Alexandre Vauthier dress
- Hair Flip cover: Jennifer Fisher earrings
- Photo 1: Tse sweater, J Brand jeans, Jennifer Fisher earrings, Christian Louboutin shoes
- Photo 2: Roland Mouret top and skirt, Jennifer Fisher earrings, Jimmy Choo sandals
Photos by Nicolas Moore
Shakira and companion Gerard Pique had a special Christmas: it was their first one with their son, Milan! Milan is 11 months old. I can’t BELIEVE how big he is in these pics. It seems like we were just hearing about this little guy’s arrival. Shakira tweeted pictures of them having fun on Christmas morning, playing with the presents. Gerard chose a more, well, candid picture to tweet with the caption “fussy.”
Every parent knows that moment: when the excitement of the new toys wears off, and exhaustion sets in for your little ones. It looks like Shakira had some fun with the moment. Really, what else can you do until they calm down and take a nap? After some rest, I’m sure Milan was all smiles again while playing with his new toys.
Photos Courtesy of Shakira & Gerard Pique’s twitter