Happy 2016 to all of you. As you might have noticed, the site has not been updated in a little bit. I’m Not Obsessed as at an inflection point where some time if needed. With the way the online entertainment and gossip world has evolved, it’s just very difficult to compete as an independent, family-run site. From buyouts to new media companies to the old school mags beefing up their presence and even non-gossip sites covering the topic now, the numbers just don’t seem to add up, as much as we tried. The economics simply didn’t work anymore.
The site was started back in December, 2005 and it’s been one heck of a run. Because of this site, I was able to stay home with my kids and my husband was able to quit his job in 2008. We launched more sites and more businesses and it’s been a truly wonderful experience. The people that always came to the site appreciated the ‘PG’ rating of the site and the fact that snark and nastiness was not a way of life. To the site’s detriment or benefit, we stuck with that 100% of the way for a decade.
While we are not curing cancer, I am proud that the site ran for as long as it did and the way that it did. It look me a little while to post this because I just couldn’t accept that it was over. I loved working on this site and building it into something. We are keeping the site and the company and the name so, who knows, maybe it will be revived someday. I really would like it to be.
For now, I have to concentrate on my other ventures and I humbly ask that you take a look and visit, too. This is my life and my family’s livelihood so I always try to put out the best product I can.
Please check out the other sites when you get a chance:
- Babyrazzi.com – Celeb news and pics with a focus on baby and relationships, along with product news, reviews, and more
- LadyandtheBlog.com – Women’s lifestyle site that hits fashion, beauty, parenting, life, travel, food, and more
- GuyandtheBlog.com – Bill’s site for men, but interesting for a woman, too, like Lady and the Blog
- AudreyandVera.com – See what I’m up to, along with my partner, and check out new women’s interest content, find out about live events, product releases, and much more
You can also keep up with me and Bill on that lovely social media thing:
I wish you all many, many thanks for all the support through the years…truly.
I also wish you a very happy, healthy and successful 2016 and for many years beyond.
All the best,
This is one celebrity blind item that I really, truly, sincerely hope is NOT true. According to this, whenever this on-again, off-again couple get back together, it’s because she’s doing coke. Get the goss after the break.
Oh boy. It sounds like George Lucas isn’t exactly thrilled with ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,’ no matter that the film has made over $1 billion in record time. He got honest about why he decided to sell ‘Star Wars’ to Disney and what he thinks of ‘The Force Awakens.’
Taylor Swift “won” Christmas with an adorable selfie where she was dressed as an elf. Now she’s going to “win” New Year’s Eve, too: her video, ‘Out Of The Woods,’ will debut tonight during ABC’s ‘Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve,’ hosted by Ryan Seacrest. She teased fans on social media with a hint of what’s to come.
- Nick Lachey: Brooklyn Is A “Daddy’s Girl” While Camden Is “Protective Big Brother”Nick Lachey is a proud papa these days when it comes to daughter Brooklyn and son Camden. Brooklyn celebrated her first birthday recently! Can you believe it’s been a little over a year since she was born? Oh my goodness. Nick dished on his kids recently. RELATED: See how Vanessa Lachey made Camden’s dreams come […]
- Tyga & King Cairo Hang Out: Is A Custody Battle Looming?Tyga got to spend some quality time with his three year old son, King Cairo, and the proud dad posted this sweet snapshot of the two of them. Although I’m sure they had a good time, it sounds like tension is brewing in the wake of Blac Chyna’s (King Cairo’s mother) arrest for allegedly possessing […]
- Big Boy Bei Bei Takes First Steps Outside! (Video)Bei Bei is a big boy (or cub) now! At five months, Bei Bei took his first steps outdoors with Mama Mei Xiang keeping a watchful eye. The National Zoo released the adorable video of Bei Bei’s first excursion. RELATED: Watch this Mama Panda try to get her little one to Go To Sleep. It’s […]
- Jennifer Garner All Smiles On FroYo Date With VioletJennifer Garner and her daughter Violet enjoyed a little Garner-Affleck tradition yesterday after school – the froyo date! Jennifer and her oldest daughter were grinning from ear to ear as they left the frozen yogurt shop together in Santa Monica. Jen picked up Violet from school to get a little one-on-one time together. The actress […]
Yesterday was quite a day: comedian Bill Cosby was formally charged with sexual assault in Pennsylvania and released on a $1 million bond. Beverly Johnson, one of the women he’s suing for defamation, responded as well as others in Hollywood.