Two actresses had a chance to make Emmy history on Sunday night: both Viola Davis and Taraji P. Henson were nominated for Lead Actress in a Drama Series, so both of them had the chance to become the first African American actress to win the Emmy. Viola won for her acting in ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ Taraji opened up about what it was like to lose to her colleague.
Jon Hamm was first nominated for an Emmy back in 2007 for ‘Mad Men.’ He’s been nominated a total of 16 times. He hadn’t won an Emmy, however, before last night. This was an especially big nomination because it was his final chance to win for his acting in ‘Mad Men’ since the show ended this year. He literally crawled onto the stage to accept his statute ;).
Last night Viola Davis made history as the first African American woman to win for Lead Actress in a Drama at the 2015 Emmy Awards. Viola won for her starring role in Shonda Rhimes’s show, ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ Watch her emotional speech after the break.
Sofia Vergara wasn’t nominated for a solo Emmy this year (WHY hasn’t she won one yet?), but that didn’t dampen her spirits at the 2015 Emmy Awards. She attended with fiance Joe Manganiello, and it turns out they brought some family and friends along for the ride. Sofia shared behind-the-scenes pictures and dished on wedding plans.
Here’s your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip, brought to you by the celebs who popped on the red carpet with bright and deep colors, including Maggie Gyllenhaal, Ariel Winter, and ‘Orange is the New Black’ star Uzo Aduba. You can see more red carpet pictures after the break below.
- Here are 15 great and not-so-great moments from the 2015 Primetime Emmy Awards. (The Hollywood Gossip)
- Read this amazing fan theory that might change the way you look at Batman. (theCHIVE)
- Are Orlando Bloom and Kendall Jenner secretly dating? (D Listed)
- Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg were in character on the set of the new Woody Allen movie. (Moe Jackson)
- Mindy Kaling was looking great at the 2015 Emmys! (Lainey Gossip)
- Check out Emmy host Andy Samberg’s best one-liners from the night. (PopSugar)
- Kate Mara admits she hasn’t seen her own movie, ‘Fantastic Four.’ (IDLYITW)
- Emily Blunt apologizes for her joke. (Evil Beet Gossip)
- Here’s an update on the Bobbi Kristina Brown murder investigation. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- OMG: the Kardashians earned $32 million from APPS?! (Reality Tea)
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kris Jenner hit the stores with Mason and Penelope. (Babyrazzi)
- Did David and Victoria Beckham make a deal with the devil? (ICYDK)
- Beyonce is a wealthy person who’s enjoying her wealth. (Celebslam)
- Kate Middleton popped in this brilliant blue coat. (Celebitchy)
- Rihanna and Travis Scott party in Hollywood. (Bossip)
Metallics and pantsuits (and even leggings) were also spotted on the 2015 Emmy Awards red carpet. ‘Scandal’ star Kerry Washington, Sofia Vergara, and ‘Mad Men’ star Christina Hendricks all sparkled in metallics. Meanwhile, ‘Orphan Black’ star Tatiana Maslany (who finally got nominated for an Emmy but didn’t win, unfortunately) and January Jones were chic in pantsuits. Check out these looks after the break!
Pastel colors were popular on the red carpet at the 2015 Emmy Awards last night. Heidi Klum caught plenty of attention in her one-shoulder gown. ‘Jane the Virgin’ star Gina Rodriguez was pretty in pink in her dress. I also included celebs who wore white (although I know some people don’t consider white a pastel color), since not many of them did. Take a look at the gallery after the break and tell me what you think!