Taking audiences on a humorous, moving, and intimate journey against an epic backdrop of Earth’s final days, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is the feature directorial debut of screenwriter Lorene Scafaria (Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist). Set in a too-near future where time at once stands still and is slipping away forever, the writer/director explores what people will do and how they will feel when humanity’s end is near.
A 70-mile-wide asteroid is en route to Earth, and the last best attempt to counter it has failed. Also failing is the marriage of soft-spoken insurance salesman Dodge (Golden Globe Award winner Steve Carell); the breaking news that the world will end in an estimated 21 days cues his wife to leave him on the spot.
Dodge is a man who has always played by the rules of life, while his neighbor Penny (Academy Award nominee Keira Knightley) is an extroverted woman who hasn’t. From these opposite perspectives, both initially choose to navigate the impending end of the world with blinders on. Dodge declines joining his friends in increasingly reckless behavior, while Penny fixates on her relationship issues with a self-absorbed musician.
The two misfits meet first when Penny has a rough night and then again when she belatedly delivers Dodge a lost letter. That letter could alter Dodge’s future; it’s from his high-school sweetheart Olivia, the love of his life. When a riot breaks out around their apartment building, Dodge realizes that he must seek Olivia out before it’s too late while Penny makes the decision to spend her last days with family in England. Seizing the moment, Dodge promises to help Penny reach her family if she will provide transport for the two of them in her car immediately. She agrees, and they escape.
On the road together, the unlikely traveling companions’ respective personal journeys accelerate, and their outlooks – if not the world’s – brighten.
IN THEATERS TODAY, JUNE 22nd!
To find out more, please:
- Visit the Official website
- Watch the trailer
- Follow Seeking a Friend on Twitter #seekingafriend
- Become a fan of Facebook
- Pin Your End of the World Lists!
- Create a Playlist and share it with Friends!
One (1) lucky INO reader will receive:
- $100 Visa gift card for a night at the movies
- Official Soundtrack (CD)
- Tote Bag
- Lip Balm
- Shot Glass
- Glow Stick & Bracelet
- Key Chain
How do I enter? You have a few options AND EACH COUNTS AS ONE ENTRY. There is NO LIMIT to the number of times a reader can enter (via any of the entry channels) thiscontest. Please leave a comment for each entry, and include your email in each comment as well:
- Leave your email on the contest entry form.
- Become a fan of INO’s Facebook Page. Then leave a comment on the wall saying you entered the $100 Visa Card Plus Prize Pack From Seeking a Friend for the End of the World Movie giveaway.
- Tweet this message: “Hope I win @seizetheend $100 Visa card prize pack giveaway from imnotobsessed.com (@imnotobsessed). RT #contest #giveaway #seekingafriend”.
- Like Seeking a Friend for the End of the World on Facebook and leave a comment saying you are entering the $100 Visa Card Plus Prize Pack from imnotobsessed.com.
- Visit the YouTube movie trailer and leave a comment saying you are entering the $100 Visa Card Plus Prize Pack from imnotobsessed.com.
- Leave a comment on the original contest post here.
- Post a link to this contest on your blog (and then leave a comment on this post with your link).
- Stumble this post (not the site) and leave me your StumbleUpon Name in your comment.
- Comment on other I’m Not Obsessed posts and reference this contest. Be sure to add that the comment is acting as an entry to the contest. Each comment counts as one entry. Please be sure to include you email when asked otherwise I won’t be able to contactyou.
- Sign up for INO’s newsletter. Are you already subscribed? Leave a comment letting me know.
Contest ends Midnight, Eastern Time, 7/2/12
Winner(s) will be selected at random, Prize pack value $146.99, Prizing provided by Focus Features