A trench coat is an absolute wardrobe staple for any fashionista. It is timeless, and both casual and dressy. Even if you are having a day where you aren’t feeling your best, throw on a trench and instantly feel more elegant and classy. If you are on a budget, and can only afford to splurge on one thing, make it a trench coat. It is an investment you will not regret because it never goes out of style, and will last for years to come. This spring, designers such as Phillip Lim and Marc by Marc Jacobs have updated the classic trench, playing with new materials, lengths and fits. However, I prefer the classic double breasted style with a belted waist. Here are some of my favorite styles:
Here is ‘The Timeless’ trench from Gryphon New York in dove gray. Understated sophistication. $875 at Revolve Clothing.
Mix things up a bit! Here is the classic style in bold hot pink from Juicy Couture. Juicy always has the cutest coat designs every season, but the smaller sizes always sell out quickly, so I can never get them on sale. I actually have this trench but in the camel color and now I kinda regret not buying the pink. Sigh, oh well. $348 at Shopbop.
Finally, the gold standard in trenches, and coats in general: The Burberry London Poplin Trench Coat. This coat needs no further description; one look and it’s easy to see why this has remained a favorite among stylish women everywhere. Available for preorder at Nordstrom for $995.
It’s about that time to bring out your shorts and cute spring dresses, only you know, your legs are still white like the undriven snow. Being pale I can’t go to tanning booths without burning and being terrified of skin cancer. However I’m vain enough that I don’t want to flash my ghostly white legs around town. Which means I have to search endlessly for that one self-tanner that doesn’t leave me orange or streaky.
I tried out this L’Oreal Sublime Bronze self tanner and it works great and I definitely recommend it. I was getting my high lights down the other day and talking to my stylist and we were on the topic of self-tanners and she loves the L’Oreal Sublime Bronze so I figured I would recommend it all to you. Let’s break it down a little…
- It gives you a full shade of color within the first application.
- It dries extremely fast so be quick about it or you’ll end up streaky.
- If your pale like me I suggest using it once and seeing how you like the color. If you still feel like you need to go up a shade apply it the next day.
- Always remember to wait at least an hour before going to bed otherwise your sheets will end up brown.
- Last, but not least I recommend shaving and exfoliating before you apply it so your color lasts longer.
I know it sounds like a lot of rules and things you have to do but if you follow them all then I guarantee this will be one of your favorite self-tanners.
Click here to purchase L’Oreal Sublime Bronze.
Gladiator sandals are hot hot hot right now. Although they were around last summer they are back and taking on a more feminine approach. Mary-Kate Olsen and Kate Moss have been spotted sporting these beauties everywhere from red carpet events to trips to the supermarket. Grab a pair for this summer, they are the prefect accessory to any wardrobe!
- Enzo Angiolini ‘Tells’ Sandal – Nordstrom – $88.95
- Linea Paolo ‘Suzette’ Sandal – Nordstrom – $190.95
- CARLOS by Carlos Santana Magnum – Zappos – $99.95
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Beth – Piperlime – $120
- Nine West Gaulla – Piperlime – $90
- Banglez Silver Multi – Steve Madden – $129.95
- Dolce Vita Lace Gladiator – Urban Outfitters – $150
- Nine West Sulliban Sandal – Nine West – $89
Shampoo & Conditioner’s are a lot like moisturizers which means everyone’s different and has different needs. I have relatively normal hair, but for whatever reason I have to wash it every day or else it’s flat, yucky, and greasy. I went to a new stylist and she explained to me that I need color safe shampoo & conditioner, and when I wash my hair I only was the roots and condition the ends. I know what your thinking, “Duh! Didn’t you know that already?” Nope I sure didn’t.
I don’t have a lot of money to spend on shampoo so I went for a less expensive version that’s still salon grade. I bought this Matrix Color. Smart Shampoo & Conditioner and it really is fantastic. I switch my shampoos every month, or so but I always come back to this one. As long as I wash my roots I can go two days and still love my hair the second day. Because I have high lights and color, I choose the Color. Smart shampoo and the most important part for me is although it’s safe for my color, it doesn’t make my hair dry and gives me great shine.
Cost: $26.99 for the set. I bought mine at a beauty supply store for $20.00. So if you can I’d suggest buying it at your local shop.
Click here to purchase Matrix Color. Smart Shampoo & Conditioner.
Guess who did some damage at Intermix on Robertson Boulevard? This one is specifically for those people who tell me, “I never get your Guess Whos?!” Click on the continue reading link below to find out. [Click For More…]
- Ashlee Simpson Steps Out; Evan Ross Shares Pic From Maxi’s Birthday PartyAshlee Simpson and Evan Ross stepped out together this weekend. The expectant parents are in the home stretch finally! Ashlee is due any time now with her second child, her first with husband Evan. She wore a comfy white gauze dress as they did some shopping at the Topanga Mall. RELATED: ASHLEE IS HAVING A […]
- Lunchtime Links With Jennifer GarnerPuppy hiccupping is cutest thing ever (The Hollywood Gossip) Is Selena done with Zedd? (OK!Magazine) See Tamera’s chic maternity style (Celebrity Baby Scoop) Nahla Aubry starts a lemonade stand (Celebrity Babies – People) 25 ways to save money at Disney (Lil Sugar) Is a big shakeup coming for Sister Wives (SheKnows Entertainment) Tank and Zena […]
- The Princess Of Cambridge’s Name Is Revealed!!The Princess has a name! Kensington Palace announced that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge finally decided on their daughter’s name. They Tweeted, “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.” I should’ve been betting money! For once in my life I would’ve guessed […]
- January Jones And Xander Make A Splash In HawaiiActress January Jones is enjoying her post-Mad Men time off! The celebrity mama headed to Hawaii with her little man for some beach time and relaxation. January was spotted at the beach with Xander. The two played in the water with snorkel gear, with Xander safely secure in his yellow life jacket. January looked great […]
Would you choose Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher as Hollywood’s Most Fashionable Couple? Well, somebody did! Here is the top five. Tell me if you agree or not.
- Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith
- David and Victoria Beckham
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Tom Cruie and Katie Holmes