I’ve heard about the movie ‘Effie Gray,’ so I’m glad to finally see a trailer for it! Dakota Fanning stars as Euphemia “Effie” Gray, who’s married to art critic John Ruskin (portrayed by Greg Wise). Apparently John is unwilling to consummate their marriage, so Effie looks for sexual satisfaction elsewhere. A love triangle in the pre-Raphaelite era! RELATED: Dakota Fanning is a Town & Country cover girl.
Typically I get annoyed with romantic comedies: they have promise, but the execution is just, well, silly. It looks like Emma Thompson’s and Pierce Brosnan’s new movie, ‘The Love Punch,’ may actually avoid the pitfalls and be funny, however! Here’s the first trailer, and it’s pretty entertaining. RELATED: Emma Thompson makes quite the sacrifices for her art.
Check out what’s happening around the web!
- Miley Cyrus put a fan’s thong in her mouth. EWWW. (D Listed)
- Irina Shayk flaunted her curves at party celebrating Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (Moe Jackson)
- Oops: do you think Danica Patrick perhaps showed a little more than she planned in this selfie? (DS, Site NSFW)
- Have you seen the ‘Veronica Mars’ cover of Entertainment Weekly? (Lainey Gossip)
- What’s Julianne Hough’s trick for taking the perfect selfie? (HuffPost Celebrity)
- How is Emma Thompson livening up this awards season? (PopSugar)
- Nicole Richie enjoys dinner out with the family. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Charlie Sheen is ready to become a father- again- with his fiancee. (TMZ)
- Kelly Brook hits the gym. (Hollywood Tuna)
- ‘Juno’ star Ellen Page comes out as a lesbian. (IDLYITW)
- Benedict Cumberbatch says his “strange looks” are a “blessing.” (Evil Beet Gossip)
- Is Liam Hemsworth using Nina Dobrev for publicity after his split from Miley Cyrus? (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Victoria Beckham explains her desire for privacy to Allure magazine. (PopCrush)
- What’s going on with the show ‘Love & Hip-Hop’? (Reality Tea)
Photos by FAMEFLYNET
The red carpet fashions at the BAFTAs ran the gamut! Check out what’s happening around the web.
- Charlie Sheen is ENGAGED. (D Listed)
- Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at Billy Ray Cyrus’ video for ‘Achy Breaky Heart 2.’ (Moe Jackson)
- This New Yorker had fun with all the snow: he went snowboarding! (DS, Site NSFW)
- Are Michelle Rodriguez and Cara Delevigne over already? (Lainey Gossip)
- And the rumors commence again: are Katy Perry and John Mayer engaged? (HuffPost Celebrity)
- Meet Olympian TJ Oshie! Is he boyfriend material? (PopSugar)
- ‘Dumb and Dumber’ star Lauren Holly explains why she decided to raise her kids in Canada. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman’s alleged heroin dealer has been linked to other celebs. (TMZ)
- Victoria Justice strikes a pose with a mascot at the Game Awards. (Hollywood Tuna)
- Here’s Taylor Momsen’s new video, ‘Heaven Knows.’ (IDLYITW)
- Are Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto one of Hollywood’s Hot New Couples? (Evil Beet Gossip)
- So now the media hates Kanye West because he’s black and engaged to Kim Kardashian. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Is Selena Gomez dating ‘One Direction’ member Niall Horan? (PopCrush)
- The latest ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ rumble includes: NeNe Leakes vs Kenya Moore. (Reality Tea)
Photos by WENN
Here are some of the red carpet looks at the Critics’ Choice Awards, which were held last night. There was no one popular look that ruled the red carpet, as you can see from the pictures (click on the thumbnails to enlarge them). Some celebs, like Amy Adams, Christina Applegate, and Jessica Chastain, popped with bright colors. ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ star Emma Thompson covered up her bright red gown with a flowery jacket. LOVE Amy’s hot pink gown! Other celebs, like Sandra Bullock, Oprah Winfrey, Cate Blanchett, and Meryl Streep, went with deeper, jewel-tone colors.
There was no shortage of prints, either, from Julia Roberts to Julia Louis-Dreyfus to Melissa McCarthy. Nia Long, Kristen Bell, and Aisha Taylor were chic in black, while Lupita Nyong’o was equally chic in white. One thing that is noticeably different from awards’ shows in years past was the lack of bling. Oprah’s wearing a gorgeous bracelet, but for the most part, no one’s flashing millions of dollars worth of bling. Some of these dresses include some sparkle, but most are pretty subdued. Do you like less flash or do you miss it? Regardless, one thing you can count on with red carpet fashion is that it all recycles!
Photos by WENN
I’m a HUGE fan of Emma Thompson. She’s an amazing actress and seems so down to earth! My heart broke for her when she and Kenneth Branagh split. Emma’s definitely rebounded, however. She stars in a new movie, ‘Saving Mr. Banks,’ with Tom Hanks. E! has a picture of Emma and Tom from the movie. Emma’s hair is permed. The hairstyle required quite the sacrifice, to hear Emma talk about it.
“It was a nightmare. People would bleat in the streets as I went by. I didn’t have sex for six months!”
Hopefully Emma’s current husband, Greg Wise, wasn’t THAT turned off by the hairdo- LOL. ‘Saving Mr. Banks’ is about the making of the classic musical, ‘Mary Poppins.’ I bet it’s a fun movie. Emma and Tom pick good projects, so I’m definitely going to have to check this out.
Photos by WENN