Celebrities turned out last night for the 2015 Soul Train Music Awards in Las Vegas, held at the Orleans Arena. We don’t have the winner’s list yet since the show won’t actually air until November 29th, but you can still check out the nominees! In the meantime, we have the best of the red carpet fashion from the big night! Above: Vampire Diaries star Kat Graham is gorgeous in green!!
- Singer Fats Domino is 85.
- Guitarist Paul Cotton of Poco is 70.
- Actor-director Bill Duke is 70.
- Singer Mitch Ryder is 68.
- Keyboardist Jonathan Cain of Journey is 63.
- Singer Michael Bolton is 60.
- Actor Greg Germann is 55.
- Actress Jennifer Grant is 47.
- Bassist Tim Commerford (Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine) is 45.
- Singer Erykah Badu is 42.
- R&B singer Rico Wade of Society of Soul is 41.
- Singer Kyle Norman of Jagged Edge is 38.
- Drummer Chris Culos of O.A.R. is 34.
- Singer Corinne Bailey Rae is 34.
- Singer Nate Ruess of fun. is 31.
- Actress Taylor Dooley is 20.
Photos by Victoria Lindt/HRC/WENN
Erykah Badu was spotted leaving the Giorgio store in Toronto yesterday. I don’t know if she’s wearing Giorgio clothes here, but she certainly has flair, here, doesn’t she?
Then again, Erykah knows how to attract attention. The ‘Tyrone’ singer is a born entertainer. Are you a fan of her look?
Photos by WENN.com
Here’s singer Erykah Badu performing at the O2 Academy in London. I always laugh when I hear her song ‘Tyrone.’ (FAME)
Check out what my cyber friends are writing about:
- Betty White declined her invitation to the Marine Corps Ball. Too bad! (D Listed)
- Want to know more about up-and-coming singer Samantha Marq? Here’s an exclusive interview! (Moe Jackson)
- Maria Menounos tweets bikini pics of herself. (Drunken Stepfather, Site NSFW)
- Is ‘Hugo’ actres Chloe Moretz a star on the rise? (Lainey Gossip)
- How do you like Beyonce’s ‘4’ album covers? (PopEater)
- Meet the new ‘True Blood’ vampire, Aaron Perilo! (PopSugar)
- Jenny McCarthy feels blessed to be a spokesperson for children with autism. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Leon from ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ is looking for a spin-off. (TMZ)
- Hugh Hefner’s twin girlfriends, Karissa and Kristina Shannon, hit the town. (Hollywood Tuna)
Have you heard about Erykah Badu’s new music video? The one where she goes nude? It’s been stirring up quite a bit of controversy: in addition to going nude, she apparently references JFK’s assassination.
Well, apparently the video was filmed in Dallas. The Dallas police are considering filing charges against the singer for disorderly conduct (for removing her clothes in a public area).
“It is something we are definitely considering,” says Sgt. Warren Mitchell.
For the police to charge the singer, a witness would need to come forward and provide a statement as to Badu’s public nudity. Sgt. Mitchell is unsure of whether this has happened yet, adding, “[The investigation is] kind of in the limbo stage right now.”
If prosecuted for and convicted of disorderly conduct, which is classified as a class C misdemeanor, Badu would face a fine not to exceed $500.
Entertainment Weekly says Erykah’s reps did not return requests for a comment.
I’m thinking the time to respond to that was when she was filming the video, not after the fact. Does this seem a little excessive to you or do you think something should be done?
Photos by Wenn.com
Man, I really need to start following Erykah Badu’s Twitter, she keeps it exciting! Just two days after Twitter’ing through the birth, Erykah has used the website to announce her baby’s name…
Get ready for it…
What do you think about this celebrity baby name? Do you love it for it’s uniqueness or is that too far out there for you?
Photos by Bauer Griffin.
The upside (or downside, depending on your opinion) of new technology is that people are easier to stay in contact with.Twitter is the latest way to stay in touch: just send out short text messages at any time you want.Singer Erykah Badu is up on the times and twittered throughout her labor and birth of her third child (a girl, btw)!
Morning, I’m in labor,’ Badu announced to her 4,500 followers on Sunday."
The baby’s father, Jay Electronica, was there, along with Erykah’s two children.Jay supplemented Erykah’s posts with his own.
Labor has begun,’ Electronica wrote. ‘Everybody stand back. No
hospitals. No doctors. No medicine. We’re waiting for the midwife to
And once the baby was born, mother and father sent out a joint post.Jay posted:
Feb. 1 2009 my first child, my daughter born at 130 PM exactly. It’s the happiest day of my life."
And Erykah added:
I can’t believe it’s over. Home birth, no painkillers, about five
hours, she was a little past due date, but I didn’t mind waiting.
That’s more coherent than I think I’d be after giving birth naturally!What a great way to use twitter 😉
If you’re into twitter, then follow INO on twitter!
Photos by Bauer Griffin