I’m sure many of you stayed up until nearly MIDNIGHT when the Academy Awards finished with the announcement of Best Picture. But let’s be honest: the red carpet before the show is one of the best (if not THE best) parts of the Oscars, right? Here we have three get-the-looks from the red carpet last night! Cate Blanchett, Jessica Biel and Idina Menzel all looked gorgeous last night. Here’s how you can get their looks.
Jeanine Lobell did Cate Blanchett’s makeup for the Oscars. She was going for a “modern movie star look” and said “We were inspired by classic, old Hollywood and wanted to give Cate a look that will be timeless.” I think Jeanine succeeded!
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Quad #2 Effeto Nudo – Jeanine used the warm taupe shade all over as a base; the deeper taupe on the lid and feathered it into the crease to open up the eye; the light brown was mixed with the deeper taupe and applied to the outer crease and center; and the darkest brown was wet and used as a liner.
Troy Surratt Lash Curler
Lancôme Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara – After cutting a strip of false lashes and applying to the corner of the eye, Jeanine applied the mascara to the base of the lashes and pressed it in to give her real lashes a false effect.
Makeup Forever Brow Gel
SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – Jeanine patted this into the skin before applying foundation to allow her to use a more lightweight foundation and to ensure it will stay put all night long.
Giorgio Armani Sheer Blush #10 Beige – Jeanine applied this to the apples of Cate’s cheeks and feathered it out before applying a second coat to ensure she looked like she was glowing from within.
Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in #103 – Jeanine finished the look with this creamy, beige-y pink.
Kayleen McAdams, ck one color global makeup artist, made up Jessica Biel. Kaylee said her inspiration was: “I wanted to do something really fresh, light and feminine. There were so many beautiful pastels in her dress, so I played with those tones.”
- I prepped Jessica’ skin with moisturizing face and eye products, Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration and Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, to give her makeup a good base to stick to.
- Then, I used a damp Beauty Blender to apply ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200, followed by ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1 underneath the eyes, around the nose, and along the edges of her mouth to even out her skin.
- I used Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Powder on the tops of Jessica’s cheekbones, down her nose, and on her cupid’s bow.
- I finished her skin with ck one cream + powder blush duo in breath 100 right on the apples of her cheeks and set it with the powder side of the product to give the look staying power throughout the night.
- For Jessica’s eyes, I started by using a fluffy brush to apply ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400 all over the lid.
- Then, I used ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolved on the inner corners of the eye and along the lash line at the outer corners.
- I completed her eye with two coats of ck one volumizing mascara on the top lashes to pump up the lashes.
- Then, I applied the same mascara onto an eyelash comb and combed through the bottom lashes to slightly darken them.
- For Jessica’s lips, I used Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky to cover her whole lip with a matte pink; I also used this product in the center of her lips to give dimension and add moisture to her look.
- Lastly, I gave Jessica’s lips a good coating of Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Lip Balm to soak in while I did her eyes.
THE PRODUCTS AT-A-GLANCE:
EYE CREAM: Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
MOISTURIZER: Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration
FOUNDATION: ck one 3-in-1 face makeup with SPF 8 in fair 200
CONCEALER: ck one 3-in-1 concealer in light 1
BRONZER: ck one cream + powder bronzer duo in deeply bronzed 400
EYE SHADOWS: ck one powder eyeshadow in expose and evolve
MASCARA: ck one volumizing mascara in extreme black
LIP TINT: Tarte Lip Surgence in Lucky
LIP BALM: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel No-Shine Moisturizing Lip Balm
Idina Menzel blew everyone away with her Oscar performance of ‘Let It Go’ last night, and she looked gorgeous doing it! Celebrity hairstylist Rogue explained: “Idina has really curly hair and with the rain in Los Angeles today, we wanted to make sure her hair stayed sleek and frizz-free.”
Here’s what Rogue did, step-by-step:
- Roque asked Idina to wash her hair with John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Shampoo and Conditioner last night in order to give her the perfect frizz-free foundation for her straight style tonight. “Idina has tight, curly hair so it was important that she eliminated frizz at the core for easier styling tonight.”
- To begin styling, Roque created a cocktail of John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Crème and two drops of Frizz Ease Extra Strength Six Effects + Serum and applied throughout Idina’s clean, wet hair.
- Next, Roque gave Idina a low side part over her left eye before blow-drying her hair straight using a Mason Pearson Brush. “I believe it’s important part the hair before you begin heat styling.”
- To prep Idina’s hair for the flat iron, Roque spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease 3-Day Straight Flat Iron Spray throughout to protect Amy’s hair from the heat of the iron as well as guarantee a smooth, straight look.
- After flat ironing in sections, Rogue tucked the remainder of Idina’s hair on the left side gently behind her ear and sprayed John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hair Spray for a flawless finish.
Whatever Rogue did WORKED: Idina’s hair was sleek and shining. Those John Frieda Frizz Ease products did the trick!