Have you heard about the movie ‘The Hundred-Foot Journey’? I haven’t, and I don’t know how that’s the case! Oprah and Steven Spielberg produced the movie, and Helen Mirren starred in it. The premiere was last night (check out the gallery for a pic of Oprah and Stedman Graham on their way to the event). The movie is about a culture clash between two different restaurants (a French one and an Indian one) and how the people running them overcame their differences. Yesterday Oprah, Steven, and Helen had a Facebook chat about the film, and INO has the deets in case you missed it ;). RELATED: Oprah and Helen Mirren sat down for a chat for ‘O’ magazine.
The August 2014 issue of O magazine is going to be chock-full of good stuff (as usual) ;). In addition to talking about breakthrough moments, Oprah sat down with actress Helen Mirren. They chatted on a wide range of topics. I’m sure this conversation never got boring; Helen gives funny and interesting interviews. RELATED: Oprah wants you to be ready for your Breakthrough Moment in August issue of O.
‘Red’ star Helen Mirren is living proof of the idea that you can get better with age. So many Hollywood actresses careers are said to be over when they hit 40, but Helen is still going strong! She shared her beauty secrets in the August issue of Redbook (with Julianne Hough on the cover). RELATED: See Helen Mirren’s fun with footwear at the ‘Red 2’ premiere.
Your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip, brought to you by Helen Mirren.
- Guess which Kardashian is pregnant! (OK! Magazine)
- Mark Wahlberg has a new Bentley – ya jealous? (Moe Jackson)
- Scarlett Johansson and her baby bump stepped out for a walk. (HuffPost Celebrity)
- Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds get cozy – kind of. (PopSugar)
- Meg Ryan and her daughter Daisy did a school run – complete with homework. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Mischa Barton recently hosted an event in Las Vegas with absolutely no entourage. How refreshing! (TMZ)
- Remember that time Rihanna was nearly naked at the CFDA Awards? Well, she also twerked in the dress. (IDLYITW)
- Turns out that even though Justin Bieber apologized for using the N-word and said he was too young (at age 15) to understand how hurtful it would be, he’s still using it and making KKK references. NOT COOL! (Evil Beet Gossip)
- Life & Style is reporting that Beyonce is filing for divorce from Jay-Z for his alleged cheating. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Miranda Lambert’s plane had to make an emergency landing! (PopCrush)
- Joe Giudice is back in court for his Identity Fraud case. (Reality Tea)
- Ricky Martin takes his kids on tour with him to give them a sense of stability. (Celebrity Babies – People)
- Sarah Jessica Parker’s twins head out on the town in their swimsuits. (Babyrazzi)
- Peter Dinklage rocked a mullet when he was in high school. That is all. (Celebuzz)
- Angelina Jolie has turned down hiring extra security after Brad Pitt was punch by a “fan” on the red carpet, saying that “most fans are just wonderful.” (Celebitchy)
- Trey Songz admits that Lauren London is the only woman he’s ever loved. (Bossip)
Photos via Fame Flynet.
After being presented with an award by Prince William during last night’s BAFTAs, and spending a bit of time with him backstage, Helen Mirren gushed about just how un-princely the prince really is, and meant it in the best way possible.
While speaking with the press Helen said, “I don’t mean this rudely, but you would never think that he was a prince, which to me is the biggest compliment you can make. I just felt as though I was meeting a very nice chap. There was no prince-ness about him at all.”
During his presentation to her, The Duke of Cambridge joked that it might be more appropriate for him to refer to Helen as “granny,” since Helen won an award for portraying The Queen (Prince William’s grandmother) in the 2006 film of the same name.
Photos via WENN.
The red carpet fashions at the BAFTAs ran the gamut! Check out what’s happening around the web.
- Charlie Sheen is ENGAGED. (D Listed)
- Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at Billy Ray Cyrus’ video for ‘Achy Breaky Heart 2.’ (Moe Jackson)
- This New Yorker had fun with all the snow: he went snowboarding! (DS, Site NSFW)
- Are Michelle Rodriguez and Cara Delevigne over already? (Lainey Gossip)
- And the rumors commence again: are Katy Perry and John Mayer engaged? (HuffPost Celebrity)
- Meet Olympian TJ Oshie! Is he boyfriend material? (PopSugar)
- ‘Dumb and Dumber’ star Lauren Holly explains why she decided to raise her kids in Canada. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Philip Seymour Hoffman’s alleged heroin dealer has been linked to other celebs. (TMZ)
- Victoria Justice strikes a pose with a mascot at the Game Awards. (Hollywood Tuna)
- Here’s Taylor Momsen’s new video, ‘Heaven Knows.’ (IDLYITW)
- Are Lupita Nyong’o and Jared Leto one of Hollywood’s Hot New Couples? (Evil Beet Gossip)
- So now the media hates Kanye West because he’s black and engaged to Kim Kardashian. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Is Selena Gomez dating ‘One Direction’ member Niall Horan? (PopCrush)
- The latest ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ rumble includes: NeNe Leakes vs Kenya Moore. (Reality Tea)
Photos by WENN
Normally I’m not a big fan of bows, but I like Helen’s here. It adds an extra touch to the simplicity of this gown. What do you think of Helen’s upswept hairstyle? I’m a fan.
Photos by WENN