Stars Jon Hamm, Lake Bell (with her baby bump on display), Alan Arkin, Bill Paxton, Aasif Mandvi, Suraj Sharma, Madhur Mittal, and Pitobash were all there at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood for the premiere of their new movie, ‘Million Dollar Arm.’ The premiere kicked off with a pitching contest where 9 finalists competed for the chance to win a million dollars and a contract with legendary sports agent J.B. Bernstein. All finalists received a $500 gift package from Rawlings, a gift package from Under Armour and tickets to the ESPY Awards.
‘Mad Men’ star Christina Hendricks is branching out! She stars in IFC Films’ ‘God’s Pocket,’ which was directed by her co-star John Slattery. Christina’s husband, Geoffrey, came out to support her, of course. Several ‘Mad Men’ cast members also turned out to support their co-stars. Jon Hamm and Elizabeth Moss were both at the premeire as well as the after-party. They all enjoyed Purity Vodka cocktails at the after-party.
Jon Hamm is everyone’s favorite tortured advertising executive from Mad Men, and now he’s landed his next big role in Million Dollar Arm. And to celebrate the final season of Mad Men, Glamour has chosen Jon as their Guy of the Month.
In the May 2014 issue Jon dishes on what it’s like to
be play Don Draper, how he feels about being oh-so-handsome, and his love life.
Your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip, brought to you today by Zac Efron.
- Is there anything better than seeing celebs goofing around on red carpets? Nope. Thanks Jon Hamm! (D Listed)
- It’s official. Kaley Cuoco and her husband, Ryan Sweeting, are just too cute. They played in a charity tennis tournament this weekend and the PDA was over the top, yet adorable. (HuffPost Celebrity)
- In case you were wondering, it’s completely possible that you’ve had a crush on Zac Efron for 10 years. (PopSugar)
- Angelina Jolie and Stella McCartney have partnered for a Maleficent kids collection. No, seriously. (Celebrity Baby Scoop)
- Paula Patton hasn’t formally filed for divorce, but she also isn’t keen to get back together with Robin Thicke. Let the waiting game continue. (TMZ)
- Margot Robbie is officially on Instagram. Get excited! (IDLYITW)
- Justin Bieber apparently became the first person to ever get a tattoo done at 40,000 feet. Cool? (Evil Beet Gossip)
- Angelina Jolie and her ex-boyfriend Jared Leto apparently hung out recently… which probably had Brad Pitt a little nervous. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Isaac Hanson and his wife have welcomed their new baby girl to the world! (PopCrush)
- Real Housewives of Orange County star Tamra Judge guest started on Royal Pains. (Reality Tea)
- Ciara celebrated her baby shower over the weekend and Kim Kardashian was there. (Celebrity Babies – People)
- Rachel Zoe and her son, Skyler, were out and about in NYC this weekend. He might be the best dressed child on the planet. (Babyrazzi)
- Idina Menzel has finally opened up about what she thought when John Travolta botched her name at The Oscars, and it turns out she didn’t care nearly as much as we did. (ICYDK)
- Justin Bieber has likened himself to James Dean… (Celebuzz)
- Selena Gomez posted a kind of risque selfie on Instagram… let the speculation begin. (Celebslam)
- There was a major shakeup on The Good Wife last night! Hint: A major character DIED. (Celebitchy)
- Ludacris has a secret baby mama, and he just lost a custody and child support battle with her. (Bossip)
‘Mad Men’ star Jon Hamm has a new movie coming out that, quite frankly, looks great. The film is called ‘Million Dollar Arm.’ Jon plays a sports agent who goes to India to find a cricket player with the potential to become an MLB pitcher. Jon’s character finds two Indian boys, brings them to the US, and tries to train them as pitchers.
This looks like a heartwarming movie! Lake Bell, Aasif Mandvi and Bill Paxton co-star with Jon in the movie. Of course, Jon starring in it is enough to get me to give this movie serious consideration. Sports movies typically aren’t my thing, but this looks like it’s about a lot more than sports. It’s even based on a true story. Does ‘Million Dollar Arm’ look good to you?
Seriously, it’s the dumbest thing in the world. I got sh*t on for saying I don’t agree with the fact that the Kim Kardashians and Paris Hiltons of the world are worthy of attention, and people were saying, “How dare you!” I thought, “Wow, really? That’s a terrible thing to say?” It’s ridiculous. I’m getting older, I’m slowly morphing into that the guy who stands on his lawn and shakes his fist and shouts “Get off my lawn!” All I can say is that I don’t get Miley Cyrus, I don’t get Katy Perry, I don’t get One Direction. I don’t get why that’s a thing.
Photos via FameFlynet