Award season is getting started: the nominations for the 2014 American Music Awards (AWA) were announced this morning! Aussie Iggy Azalea leads the pack this year with SIX nominations. John Legend and Katy Perry each scored five nominations while ‘The Voice’ mentor Pharrell Williams received four nominations. Beyoncé, Eminem, Imagine Dragons and One Direction are each up for three awards. The American Music Awards will broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE on Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. Check out the entire list after the break! RELATED: Celebs rock the red carpet at the 2014 MTV VMAs.
Singer Katy Perry graces the cover of Harper’s BAZAAR’s October 2014 issue. She also sat down for an interview with the magazine. She dished on her romantic history, how she’s maturing, and reading comments she made on the internet that were taken out of context. RELATED: Are Katy Perry and Taylor Swift feuding?
It sounds like Taylor Swift’s Rolling Stones interview dropped quite a few bombs. One was her revelation that she hadn’t dated in a year and a half, since calling it quits with Harry Styles. Something else Taylor talked about (without naming names) is a feud she apparently has going on with another major singer. Now there’s speculation that the singer is none other than Katy Perry. RELATED: Taylor Swift hasn’t dated a guy since Harry Styles.
Staples is teaming up with global pop music superstar Katy Perry to “Make Roar Happen” and celebrate and support teachers during the back-to-school season. Staples is building on its long history of supporting teachers, students, and education by donating $1 million to DonorsChoose.org, a charity that has helped fund more than 450,000 classroom projects for teachers and impacted more than 11 million. To encourage teachers, parents and students around the country to ‘Make Roar Happen’ Staples will become the presenting sponsor of Katy Perry’s North American Tour!!
“I’m glad to partner with Staples on my Prismatic World Tour to raise awareness and funds for DonorsChoose.org, and to remind my fans that a small gesture can make a large impact on the very basic materials classrooms need for teachers to help students reach their full potential,” said Katy Perry. The “Make Roar Happen” campaign is supported by insights from a recent Staples survey, which found:
- 75% of parents of teens have had “that” teacher in their life that influenced them greatly.
- 65% of parents of teens say teachers in their community do not have all the supplies they need.
- 75% of parents agree that a lack of school supplies is a problem for schools today.
Sooo…what makes your favorite teacher, or a teacher you know, so inspirational? Let us know!!!
Win A Trip to Meet Katy Perry
How amazing would it be to win a trip to Los Angeles to meet Katy Perry and attend her concert on Sept. 19 at the Staples Center? Well, it would be pretty awesome I would think. By entering the ‘Make Roar Happen’ Video Sweepstakes, you have the chance! Everyone is invited to create videos ‘Roaring’ about their educational goals, inspirational teachers or how education has positively affected their lives. To enter, upload your ‘Roar’ video at www.staples.com/makeroarhappen. Entries must be submitted before 11:59 PM ET on Sept. 3, and participants must be 18 years or older. Participants are encouraged to share their videos on their social channels using the hashtag #MakeRoarHappen. See official rules at www.staples.com/makeroarhappen.
Win Tickets to see Katy Perry The Prismatic World Tour Presented by Staples
Customers who spend $10 or more at any Staples store will receive a unique code(s) based on the total amount spent. Code(s) will be provided on their store receipt to enter online at Staples.com/MakeRoarHappen for a chance to win two tickets to a concert in the U.S. portion of the Katy Perry Prismatic World Tour Presented by Staples. To win tickets, participants must enter the code on their purchase receipt from June 1 to Sept. 25 at www.staples.com/makeroarhappen. See official rules at www.staples.com/makeroarhappen.
- Website: Staples.com/MakeRoarHappen
- Twitter: @Staples; hashtag #MakeRoarHappen
- Facebook: facebook.com/staples
- Instagram: @Staples; hashtag #MakeRoarHappen
One (1) very lucky INO reader will receive A SIGNED KATY PERRY GUIITAR!!!
Staples make it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online or on mobile devices. Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Copy and Print services. More information about Staples (SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
Founded in 2000, DonorsChoose.org makes it easy for anyone to help a classroom in need. At this nonprofit website, teachers at half of all the public schools in America have created project requests and more than a million people have donated $240 million to projects that inspire them. All told, 11.4 million students—most from low-income communities, and many in disaster-stricken areas—have received books, art supplies, field trips, technology and other resources that they need to learn.
You know, this is something I’ve wondered about celebrities. Often careers in show business have to start very young. Katy Perry described her elementary and middle school education as being rather hit-or-miss, and then she dropped out of high school to pursue her music career. Katy earned her GED but admitted she wished she was better educated. RELATED: Katy Perry says men are optional when it comes to having kids.
Former ‘Sex and the City’ star Kristin Davis and her daughter Gemma leave ballet class. Here are the best stories from the week.
- We got our first look at ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ with a teaser trailer!
- Jaime King opened up about her fertility struggle.
- Sandra Bullock celebrated her 50th birthday with a bash at a cowboy bar.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. got honest about working with Kiefer Sutherland on ’24.’
- Kate Middleton, Prince William, and Prince Harry hung out at the Commonwealth Games.
- Ariana Grande opens up about dealing with her insecurities to Seventeen.
- Beyonce responds to breakup rumors.
- Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber got into a fight in Ibiza.
- Zac Efron admitted he needed a “social lubriant.”
- Does Heidi Klum have a new guy?
- Drew Barrymore’s half-sister, Jessica, was found dead in her car.
- Katy Perry said she doesn’t need a man to have kids.
- GQ nominates Kanye West’s album as the best of the century.
- Alicia Keys is pregnant with baby #2!
- How did Robert Pattinson react to a question about Kristen Stewart cheating on him?
- Why are former ‘DWTS’ partners Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy no longer speaking?
- Lady Gaga is named as one of Harper’s BAZAAR’s fashion icons.
- Jada Pinkett Smith opens up about Willow Smith’s controversial picture.
- Kristen Stewart is officially out of ‘Snow White’ prequel.
Photos by FAMEFLYNET
Is Katy Perry starting to feel some motherly instincts? If she is, it sounds like she doesn’t feel the pressure to find a man in order to have kids. Katy shared her family plans in an interview. RELATED: Katy Perry lands the first global Cosmo cover.