Hmmm. Well. This must’ve been an interesting red carpet moment for Lara Spencer at the Academy Awards last night. She was interviewing Dakota Johnson, who’s catapulted right onto the A-list with her hit movie ‘Fifty Shades of Grey,’ and her mother, Melanie Griffith. Melanie stuck to the script of not needing to see her daughter’s movie. Dakota… had a change of heart. RELATED: Dakota Johnson dishes on ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ sequels and Charlie Hunnam.
Here are the stars of ‘The Fault In Our Stars,’ including Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort, Lena Dern and Sam Trammell, which blew up the box office this weekend! Here are some stories from the past week.
- Giuliana and Bill Rancic experience a setback in expanding their family when their surrogate miscarries.
- Justin Bieber apologizes for his racist jokes.
- Chris Brown got out of jail.
- ‘Glee’ star Lea Michele says she started drinking as a toddler?!
- Brad Pitt speaks out about the red carpet attack at the ‘Maleficent’ premiere.
- Rihanna had tongues wagging at the CFDA Fashion Awards with her sexed-up take on Hollywood glamour.
- Is Kourtney Kardashian expecting baby #3?
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden are a Hot New Couple.
- Melissa McCarthy announces the launch of a new clothing line!
- Bethenny Frankel settles her divorce with Jason Hoppy.
- Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert all won big at the 2014 CMT Awards.
- The name for Ginnifer Goodwin’s and Josh Dallas’ son was released.
- Leonardo DiCaprio REFUSES to enter a club when the Kardashians were present.
- AFI honored Jane Fonda with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart split.
- Melanie Griffith filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas.
Photos by Diane Cohen/FAMEFLYNET
I’m still in shock about this one. After eighteen years, Melanie Griffith filed for divorce from Antonio Banderas. RELATED: Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas split. The couple released a statement after the news broke yesterday.
OMG! After eighteen years together, I thought Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas were as solid as a couple could get. Apparently not; Melanie reportedly has filed for divorce. RELATED: Melanie Griffith proud of daughter Dakota Johnson for getting cast in ‘Fifty Shades of Grey.’
Check out Ms. Jane Fonda! Does she look amazing or what? The actress and activist- really, an icon at this point- was honored by the American Film Institute with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Jane’s heyday was a little before my time but her memoir ‘My Life So Far‘ Blew Me Away. It’s an amazing read. RELATED: See the trailer for Jane Fonda’s new movie, ‘This Is Where I Leave You.’
The holiday season is gearing up, whether you’re ready or not! Count me in the NOT category- LOL. Celebs rocked the red carpet for the premiere of ‘Black Nativity.’ Jennifer Hudson kept her look simple and chic in a LBD. Angela Bassett went for a little more shine with her frock.
Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas were all smiles. Forrest Whitaker attended with his wife, Keshia. Rapper Nas was there, although he clearly wasn’t in the mood to smile. Sting and his wife, Trudie Styler, also made an appearance on the red carpet. Let the holiday movie season begin!
Photos by Diane Cohen/FAMEFLYNET
People are in an uproar over the ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ casting! It may have been a holiday in the US, but E.L. James set the internet on fire with her tweets announcing that the leads of her blockbuster book have been cast for the movie adaptation. Dakota Johnson, daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, was cast as Ana Steele. Melanie expressed her excitement over the casting on twitter.
My beautiful child Dakota has been chosen to play Anna Steele in 50 Shades!!! Look out world! Here she comes!!! #proudmama
You can’t blame Melanie for being excited. This is a HUGE break in Dakota’s acting career. Unfortunately, not everyone seems to be sharing Melanie’s enthusiasm, about either Dakota’s casting or the casting of ‘Sons of Anarchy’ star Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey. One of the film’s producers, Dana Brunetti, responded to criticism via twitter.
There is a lot that goes into casting that isn’t just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc.
So if your favorite wasn’t cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective.
I’ve read on Goodreads where people are already planning to skip the movie altogether (or wait for the DVD) because their favorites weren’t cast! A lot of people wanted Ian Somerhalder or Matt Bomer, but according to an Us Weekly article, neither one was ever even “in the running.” Personally, I’m not surprised they went with two unknowns. They don’t really need big names to draw attention to the movie, and the stigma of “mommy porn” seems strong in Hollywood.
Photos by FAMEFLYNET