Pamela Anderson stepped out last night for a very important cause and brought along two very important dates. The actress, who had long been flying under the media radar, looked stunning on the blue carpet as she attended the Mercy For Animals Hidden Heroes Gala last night, escorted by her two handsome sons, Dylan and Brandon.
On Saturday the 24th Annual GLAAD Media Awards in New York at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square. Ketel One hosted the VIP red carpet suite and was on-site as talent such as Russell Simmons, Vinny Guadagnino and the anchors of Good Morning America arrived to pose for photos. In honor of the evening’s atmosphere of acceptance, guests mingled in the Ketel One VIP area and answered the question “What’s the one thing that gives you courage?”. While on the red carpet, celebrities stopped to toast the night’s celebration with Ketel One cocktails before heading into the show where the evening’s most anticipated presenter and special guest, Madonna, was scheduled to award Anderson Cooper with the prestigious Vito Russo Award.
Highlights from the evening included:
- Guest of honor Anderson Cooper was whisked inside but made time to stop and pose for photos on the red carpet as his partner, Ben Maisani, patiently waited behind the scenes.
- Downtown Abbey’s new star Dan Stevens was one of the first to arrive and greet the crowd before keeping it calm and reserved in the Ketel One VIP Suite.
- After working up a sweat on the red carpet and graciously stopping for several interviews, ,Smash, star Christian Borle needed to refresh with a Ketel One cocktail.
- Fellow Smash actor, Wesley Taylor, noted that he thrives off fear before confessing that he only sips Ketel One and grabbing a cocktail.
- Newlyweds Sam Champion and Rubem Robierb held hands as they walked the red carpet.
- His Good Morning America co-anchors, Josh Elliott and Lara Spencer, stopped to pose for a photo and joked with Ketel One that the hi-definition cameras on GMA is what makes them courageous. Though Sam didn’t want to leave his husband’s side, the gang wouldn’t pose for a photo without him.
- Always busy, Vinny Guadagnino and frequent GLAAD support Russell Simmons were the last to arrive but took their time stopping for interviews and posing for photos on the red carpet before running in to catch the start of the show.
- NFL stars and LGBT advocates, Chris Kluwe (Minnesota Vikings) and Brandon Ayanbadejo (Baltimore Ravens) took to the stage later that evening to lead the entire audience in a Ketel One toast in support of the LGBT community.
- Honey Boo Boo’s mom, June Shannon posed for photos on the red carpet, but was shocked when no one photo bombed her.
- “Real Housewives of New York” star Countess LuAnn DeLesseps whispered to her husband in French the whole time they were in the VIP area, but told Ketel One “choice” is what makes them courageous before heading into the show.
- Nigel Barker, host of the new reality competition “The Face,” told Ketel One the ability to face your fears is what makes him courageous.
- Newly crowned Miss America Mallory Hagan walked the red carpet while gracefully balancing her crown and was quick to tell Ketel One her best friend is what makes her courageous.
- Always the broadway starlet, Bernadette Peters showed up in a ravishing red dress and purple pumps.
- GLAAD National Spokesperson and actor Wilson Cruz was excited to kick off the night by being one of the first to walk to red carpet and told Ketel One “truth” is what makes him courageous.
Well, my favorite red carpet look from the evening had to be Milla Jovovich, who was very chic. Congratulations to Anderson for the award!
Photos by WENN
Here’s something you don’t see very often! Two hip hop moguls, Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and Russell Simmons, met up for a drink in Gustavia. Gustavia’s on the island of Saint Barthelemy. It makes sense, however. Both of them spent Christmas with their families there.
The only person missing is Jay-Z! But it’s great to see them get together. I wonder if their kids play together, too?
Photos by WENN
Happy birthday to actress Rachael Leigh Cook! Let’s see who else is celebrating today.
-Rapper Lil’ Mama (1989)
-Actress Dakota Johnson (1989)
-Mexican singer Yuridia (1986)
-Barbadian singer Shontelle (1985)
-Actor Tim Peper (1980)
-Actor Brandon Barash (1979)
-Actress Alicia Silverstone (1976)
-Actor Abraham Benrubi (1969)
-Actor Liev Schreiber (1967)
-Cuban singer Jon Secada (1961)
-Musician Afrika Bambaataa (1960)
-Music producer Russell Simmons (1957)
-Actress Kyra Schon (1957)
-Actor Bill Fagerbakke (1957)
-Oscar winner Christoph Waltz (1956)
-Actor Armand Assante (1949)
Photos by: Apega/Mr. Blue/Stefan Jeremiah/Ai Wire/WENN.com
It was a star-studded evening at the Salmon Fishing in the Yemen screening at New York’s Crosby Street Hotel. Not only did stars Emily Blunt and Ewan McGregor attend, but some other famous faces did too!
Photos by Mr. Blue/WENN
While his ex-wife Kimora Lee Simmons may be enjoying a holiday of her own, Russell Simmons seems to be having the time of his life in St. Barts as well. Especially since he has gal pal Melissa George by his side!
The mogul and his leading lady made a splash in the crystal clear waters together on Dec. 28, before they headed back to shore and into the shade.
Although Russell and Melissa didn’t spend the rest of their afternoon frolicking on the beach, they opted to go for a little drive around the Caribbean hot spot instead. Hmm, wonder where they were off to…
Photos by News Pictures/WENN
Any actress can rock a black frock, but no one did it better than 90210’s AnnaLynne McCord on Oct. 20. The starlet stunned in a backless floor-length dress as she posed for pics at the Somaly Mam Foundation Gala at Espace in NYC.
Joined by Susan Sarandon, Russell Simmons, and Petra Nemcova in cobalt blue, the camera friendly star looked her A-List best as she blew kisses for the cameras, before she headed inside to enjoy the rest of the night.
Photos by WENN