Viola Davis is experiencing some great times, career-wise, as the star of ABC’s hit show, ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ She’s been nominated for an Emmy for her performance. She’s also starring in ‘Suicide Squad,’ so we’ll see her on the big screen, too, next year! Viola said her career success is great for the way it’s opening people’s eyes to the roles African American women can play.
Here’s your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip, brought to you by Viola Davis! She attended a ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ event with others connected with the show: check out the pictures after the break.
- This little girl does NOT want another brother. (The Hollywood Gossip)
- A husband ranted online that his stay-at-home wife is too costly for him. Trust me, you want to read this! (The Chive)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan went on the “Matthew McConaughey Oscar Diet” for his new TV movie. (D Listed)
- Taylor Swift can even make overalls look chic. (Moe Jackson)
- This redband trailer for Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg’s new movie, ‘American Ultra,’ is definitely NSFW (or little ears). (Lainey Gossip)
- Joe Manganiello is HAWT in this new photo shoot for ‘Details.’ (PopSugar)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend pose for ‘Du Jour.’ (IDLYITW)
- Here’s a ‘Mean Girls’ deleted scene that you never knew you needed. (Evil Beet Gossip)
- The latest ‘Bachelor’ couple, Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff, announce their split. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Is a family insider trying to cover up Kim Richards’s behavior at her daughter’s wedding? (Reality Tea)
- Nori West and Penelope Disick are “tutu cute.” (Babyrazzi)
- Are Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez cool again? (ICYDK)
- Miley Cyrus had a wardrobe malfunction on Instagram. (Celebslam)
- Tom Hardy shuts down sexist ‘Mad Max’ question. (Celebitchy)
- Jay Z called out African Americans for not supporting Tidal, and then a picture revealed his Tidal staff… isn’t very diverse. (Bossip)
Last night was the 26th Annual GLAAD Media Awards! ‘Scandal‘ star Kerry Washington, along with mega-producer Shonda Rhimes and ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ star Viola Davis, attended the event, along with Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum were also on hand for the big night. Check out our gallery of attendees after the break! RELATED: Kerry Washington stunned on the red carpet at the 2015 Academy Awards.
This is Viola Davis’s time! She’s starring in the hit TV show ‘How To Get Away With Murder,’ but she isn’t putting her movie career on hold. She dished on her latest role in ‘The Suicide Squad.’ RELATED: Here are some Viola Davis red carpet pics!
I think it’s safe to say there was no one “look” at the 2015 Academy Awards for the red carpet. Red seemed to be the color of the evening; otherwise, most celebs went glam in neutral colors. I, for one, LOVED Kerry Washington’s gown. She said she channeled a little bit of her ‘Scandal’ character, Olivia Pope, when selecting the champagne color for her gown. Stunning! RELATED: Kerry Washington’s InStyle cover gets controversial.