Viola Davis experienced a problem that is not exactly uncommon to some parents: she couldn’t get her daughter, Genesis, to decide on a Halloween costume. It turns out Genesis was not interesting in being Elsa or any of the other popular costumes this year.
Last night Viola Davis made history as the first African American woman to win for Lead Actress in a Drama at the 2015 Emmy Awards. Viola won for her starring role in Shonda Rhimes’s show, ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ Watch her emotional speech after the break.
Last night was the 2015 Primetime Emmy Awards! History was made when ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ star Viola Davis became the first African American actress to win an Emmy for Lead Actress in a Drama. ‘Mad Men’ star Jon Hamm took home a statuette of his own (and thanked ex-girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt in his acceptance speech), as did former ‘Daily Show’ host Jon Stewart, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus added to her collection with her sixth Emmy win. Tracy Morgan also made a triumphant return to the spotlight, and he posed in the press room with his wife and daughter. We have the complete winners list after the break as well as a gallery of pictures from the press room.
Viola Davis is experiencing some great times, career-wise, as the star of ABC’s hit show, ‘How To Get Away With Murder.’ She’s been nominated for an Emmy for her performance. She’s also starring in ‘Suicide Squad,’ so we’ll see her on the big screen, too, next year! Viola said her career success is great for the way it’s opening people’s eyes to the roles African American women can play.
Here’s your daily dose of celebrity news and gossip, brought to you by Viola Davis! She attended a ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ event with others connected with the show: check out the pictures after the break.
- This little girl does NOT want another brother. (The Hollywood Gossip)
- A husband ranted online that his stay-at-home wife is too costly for him. Trust me, you want to read this! (The Chive)
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan went on the “Matthew McConaughey Oscar Diet” for his new TV movie. (D Listed)
- Taylor Swift can even make overalls look chic. (Moe Jackson)
- This redband trailer for Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg’s new movie, ‘American Ultra,’ is definitely NSFW (or little ears). (Lainey Gossip)
- Joe Manganiello is HAWT in this new photo shoot for ‘Details.’ (PopSugar)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend pose for ‘Du Jour.’ (IDLYITW)
- Here’s a ‘Mean Girls’ deleted scene that you never knew you needed. (Evil Beet Gossip)
- The latest ‘Bachelor’ couple, Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff, announce their split. (Celeb Dirty Laundry)
- Is a family insider trying to cover up Kim Richards’s behavior at her daughter’s wedding? (Reality Tea)
- Nori West and Penelope Disick are “tutu cute.” (Babyrazzi)
- Are Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez cool again? (ICYDK)
- Miley Cyrus had a wardrobe malfunction on Instagram. (Celebslam)
- Tom Hardy shuts down sexist ‘Mad Max’ question. (Celebitchy)
- Jay Z called out African Americans for not supporting Tidal, and then a picture revealed his Tidal staff… isn’t very diverse. (Bossip)